I NEED YOUR HELP, YOUR INPUT, YOUR IDEAS, YOUR RECIPES!
My little sister emailed me today to start finalizing our Christmas dinner menu – this will be our first year preparing all the food for the family. So far this is what we are thinking:
- Crudité with hummus, fresh guacamole (I make some mean guac), and pico de gallo
- Mini mushroom quiche
- Some artisan cheeses with light crackers and grapes
- My lovely little Hungarian grandma will be making the Turkey
- My sister and I would like to accompany the Turkey with some other protein option – PLEASE SEND ME YOUR HEALTHY IDEAS AND RECIPES!!
- We would like to make scalloped potatoes, however these have a tendency to be very unhealthy – any healthy versions out there?
- Potentially a garlic and oil based pasta dish…we will see on this one…
- Fresh beet salad (fresh beets cannot be beat!) with tangerines and fresh goat cheese in an olive oil/rosemary drizzle
- Winter greens with freshly baked cranberries, blue cheese crumble and walnuts in an orange balsamic vinaigrette
- Sauteéd red cabbage with vidalia onions and cilantro
- String beans with blanched almonds in a garlic saute
- We are thinking of typical holiday/Christmas desserts, but if you have healthy options with a touch of holiday cheer, PLEASE SEND ALONG!!!
All input, ideas, recipes and comments are much appreciated! Please help my little sister and I make this year a spectacular Christmas to remember!