So I am writing tonight after a long day at work because I am beginning to notice some potentially serious post-wedding weight gain (my weight is currently fluctuating around the 125 – 127 level and my goal is to stay between 120 – 125 with 125 being my holiday max)…I need to kick it into gear and crush my growing fat cells in their tracks. Here are five reasons I think I am gaining weight…
1) It is cold out and I could use a little extra blubber for insulation so I have the ability to rationalize not going to the gym and having a cookie instead
2) The winter season/holidays are making me want to eat my face off. I am particularly craving items such as hot chocolate, pumpkin pie, anything apple-crispy-like
3) Things at work are a little crazy right now and it’s been a little difficult to make time for the gym
4) Fun holiday activities and non-fun holiday obligations are keeping me very busy and well-boozed (alcohol = calories)
5) Winter fashions allow for big boxy sweaters to hide big butts and wiggly bellies
I cannot allow myself to get out of control this winter – I have bought too many cute clothes that I want to be able to fit into this year and next! Send me some inspiration for counter-holiday weight gain.